Friday, March 8, 2013

Filming

I have had several people in the last few weeks request that, in the event I die on this expedition, that I leave the bike store to them. I know it has been in jest but...

Several problems with that idea. One, I am not going to die. We will make it to the South Pole and back. Two, obviously my family would get the store. And three, if they really understood what it takes to be the owner of the store they probably wouldn't want it. I work 12+ hour days six days a week, and so far have not been able to bring any money home. The store is headed towards profitability but it is still going to take a lot of work.

Well, today is the much anticipated day for filming our sponsor/backer promotional video. We will use video from various snow biking trips and then add in video and audio from today. I am very nervous about making the video. I get so excited about the project when I talk to people about what we are doing, but I am afraid that in front of a camera I will not have that same excitement. I don't want it to sound like fake enthusiasm. One of the radio personalities on the radio station my wife listens to in the morning sounds that way. I hope I don't end up sounding like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment