Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Down to the Wire

I am trying to get last minute things taken care of so I can leave my store for 2 - 3 months. I just have so much to do and so little time left.

I got an email from Juan Menendez Granados. He will be flying down to Punta Arenas on Nov 19. He is taking his bike and gear with him since it is too late to get it shipped. My bike and gear is stuck in Santiago trying to get through customs. I am told that customs is on strike and there are border closures that are making it hard to get the bike to Punta Arenas. I am very worried about my bike and gear. It is hard when you have no control over what is happening.

I got my satellite phone and wifi optimizer from satphonestore.com and am trying to figure out how everything works. Wish I had a little more time to play with it but I am so overloaded with other things I have to do. Right now I wish I could just simply be biking south instead of dealing with all the logistics. I haven't ridden a bike for a couple of days now since I have been loaded up with other tasks.

Two days until I start my flights to get to Antarctica. Hoping everything comes together in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment