Sunday, November 17, 2013

Skipping winter

Well, I made it to Punta Arenas. It is about 9 pm but it is still light. Looks like I successfully skipped over winter.

I loved winter when I would ski, snowmobile, and other winter sports. Skiing ended up becoming too expensive, and I opened a bike store and got to where I really didn't like winter. I would tell people I was ready for winter to end when the first snow storm hit. The fat bike changed that. Winter is still hard because sales at the store are low in the winter, but having a fun winter sport has brought the joy back into what otherwise would be a cold dark season.

Talked to a couple of guys from the Czech Republic today. They are headed down to Union Glacier in a couple of days to do a marathon and a 100k run. Their Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/PetrVabrousek

No comments:

Post a Comment