Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Mike

And the evening and the morning were the first day.
Well, it is never evening, morning, or night here, only day. So I guess I am still on the first day.
Being the sabbath I tried to take it easy today, however nothing about this trip is easy. The day started out with high winds so I added my Pearl Izumi barrier pants and jacket. It worked well.
The winds create a lot of soft drifted snow that makes biking very hard. At least though it has gotten to the point that biking is better than hike a biking.
I got a bit of a late start this morning, biked about 5 hours, set up my tent, fixed lunch, and then continued biking. I figure I was biking to church, but I never found a chapel ;-)
I really need to start getting more miles per day in. My sleds are just too heavy. I worked with a few different setups and should be able to start doing better tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. We're so proud of you, Michael. Everyone who's ever ridden a bike, and especially every biker over 50, is cheering you on. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete